As many of the films have not been previously classed by Consumer Protection BC, under BC law, only members of the Vancouver Asian Film Festival Society (VAFF) can attend the Film Festival and members must be 18 years or older. The membership is non-transferable and the fee must be paid before admittance to any program. Please carry the membership card with you at all times during the festival. Membership cards must be shown along with program tickets to enter any screening.
To obtain an annual VAFF Membership for $2, purchase your membership online with your tickets or complete a VAFF membership form at the VAFF Membership table in the front lobby of the Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas between November 1-4. Once you have paid your $2 membership fee, you will be provided a membership card that will be valid until October of 2019.
VAFF 2018 PROGRAM SERIES
This year, VAFF’s screening programs will be organized into various Series in order to better highlight the diverse content in our festival. These Series include Spotlight Films (primetime screenings), Documentary Features, Late Night Features, and Shorts Programs.
SINGLE TICKET PRICES:
Spotlight Films Series Prices:
$20 | Opening Night Film
$15 | Canadian Spotlight, Centrepiece Spotlight, Closing Film Screenings
$12 | Documentary Features, Late Night Features, Shorts Programs
$10 | STUDENT RATE (MUST Present School ID) & SENIOR RATE (applicable to Documentary Features, Late Night Features, and Shorts Programs only)
VAFF Industry Insight Panels:
$15 | Single panel
$25 | All panels
The group rates are only available prior to the festival from Oct 1 to Nov 1, 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire group rate details.
$75 | OPENING NIGHT FILM + GALA TICKET, Thursday November 1
- OPENING NIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- GALA from 9:00pm to Midnight at D6 at Parq Vancouver,
39 Smithe St, Vancouver BC.
- Limited tickets for sale | Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres + special cocktail and Cash bar
Kick off the 2018 Vancouver Asian Film Festival with our opening gala. Meet filmmakers and local film industry guests. Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND – ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy now!
$10 | VAFF INDUSTRY PARTY, Friday November 2
- INDUSTRY PARTY from 10pm until closing at our private room at Black Lounge, 526 Abbott St Vancouver BC, Vancouver, BC
- Limited tickets for sale | Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres and Cash bar
$25 | CENTERPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM + A MASARAP AFTER PARTY TICKET, Saturday November 3
- CENTREPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- A MASARAP AFTER PARTY from 10:00 pm until midnight at Bao Down,
115 W 2nd Ave, Vancouver, BC.
- Intimate theme party just steps from the VAFF screening venue.
Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party – ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy Now!
$25 | CLOSING NIGHT FILM + AWARDS CEREMONY & AFTER PARTY TICKET, Sunday November 4
- CLOSING NIGHT FILM SCREENING + AWARDS CEREMONY at 7:30pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- CLOSING NIGHT AFTER PARTY from 9:30pm until midnight. Venue TBA.
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. Wrap up this year’s VAFF and unwind with filmmakers, industry and VAFF volunteers. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party– ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy Now!
VAFF is pleased to offer the following Ticket Bundles (available while tickets last for individual films). Buy now!
- DOCUMENTARY SERIES BUNDLE: Buy any 3 programs from our Documentary Series for $30 only!
- LATE NIGHT SERIES BUNDLE: Buy both The Way Station and Omonetashi for $18! (Best value deal!)
- SHORTS SERIES BUNDLE: Buy both International Shorts and Canadian Shorts programs together for $20!
VIP PASS HOLDERS receive full access to special industry events including benefits included in all Celebration Packages above, as well as admission to Opening Night Film, Canadian Spotlight Film, Centrepiece Spotlight Film, Closing Night Film, all Regular screenings (Documentary Series, Late Night Series, and Shorts Series), all VAFF Industry Insight Panels and all Special Events. Membership fee included. Only 200 VIP passes are available to the public!
Receive the VAFF VIP treatment with complimentary priority access to all film screenings, all special events, VIP swag bag, and receive exclusive discount with specific venue partners at the festival. Mingle with filmmakers, actors, and other industry guests.
$100 | Before Festival (Oct 1 – Oct 31 – 11:59pm PST) Buy now!
$150 | During Festival (Nov 1 – Nov 4)
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Box Office: The VAFF Box Office (cash and credit card sales) will be available in the lobby of Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas, 88 W. Pender St., Vancouver, during festival dates November 1-4, 2018 inclusive, at the following times:
Thu, Nov 1 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fri, Nov 2 | 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sat, Nov 3 | 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sun, Nov 4| 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
There are NO REFUNDS available for ticket purchases.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES & LOST VIP PASSES
No refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets, group tickets, and special event tickets except in the case of program cancellation. Please keep your ticket stub. No refunds or exchanges on VIP Passes. Lost VIP Passes will be charged $30 for replacement and original VIP Passes will be cancelled.
VIP / INDUSTRY / MEDIA PASSES / SPECIAL GUESTS
A VIP, Industry, Media, All Access Passholder MUST present their pass at the lineup and MUST arrive 30 minutes before the start of the program. 15 minutes prior to the start of the program, reserved seats will be released and Passholders will be placed in the rush ticket line along with other regular audience members in the order of each person’s arrival. Please give yourself ample time to park. Possession of a pass does not guarantee seating.
RUSH TICKETS FOR SOLD OUT SCREENINGS
In the event of a sold out program, a limited number of rush tickets may become available immediately before the show. A separate line for each sold out program will be formed outside the venue box office approximately one hour before show time. As tickets become available, they will be sold to individuals in line order while supplies last.