Vancouver Web Fest – Canada’s first premier international web series reviewed
By VAFF Marketing
VAFF is proud to be an annual community partner of Vancouver Web Fest, Canada’s first international web series. With 200 web seriesand 3 panels over 3 days, concluding with an amazing awards gala, Vancouver Web Fest gathered together hundreds of actors, writers, filmmakers and industry leaders in one room at the historic Imperial theatre.
Top 10 Highlights of the Festival:
- Two Falcons – These amazing birds tried to steal the show, posing shamelessly for hundreds of snapshot-taking guests.
- Karaoke on stage – Epic, hilarious performances brought the community together.
- Three panels – An impressive group of panelists covered various topics of interest to filmmakers of all levels.
- Awards – Clearly terrified of getting the hook, the 16 award winners actually managed to keep their acceptance speeches under 90 seconds.
- Funny MCs – From the launch party right through the awards gala, they kept it tight and humorous.
- Hundreds of actors, writers, directors, producers, filmmakers, partners and media members gathered in one place to share their thoughts about the web series industry.
- Live band at the Gala – Magnificent!
- Endless web series comedy – We watched, we laughed, we watched, we laughed….
- Chocolate fountain, potato stone and salmon cone – Culinary delights abounded.
- Over 200 web series from around the globe showcased over three days.
If you missed the Vancouver Web Fest this year, you may view the web series finalists at www.vancouverwebfest.comany time you wish and continue to support the digital storytelling industry. Final quote from Vancouver Web Fest, Executive Director / Founder Suzette Laqua, “Huge thanks to everyone in the community. With your support the event was a huge success.”