2015 Best Canadian Short Award
CONGRATULATIONS to 2015 Best Canadian Short Winner: Virtual Hitman
2014 Best Canadian Short Award winner
Sponsored by the National Film Board of Canada, the VAFF Best Canadian Short Award (BCSA) is presented annually to a qualifying Canadian independent short film/filmmaker in the current year qualify for the BCSA nomination. The annual winner is determined by a three industry adjudication panel. The award is presented each year at the industry Filmmakers Luncheon during the festival, attended by filmmakers, industry members, VAFF partners and media.
Best Canadian Short Award 2015 Nominees (in program screening order):
- Canadian Shorts program, “Virtual Hitman,” Drama, Vancouver premiere, Canada: Phil Borg, Director
- Canadian Shorts program, “Singing in Diaspora,” Documentary, Vancouver premiere, Canada: Sabchu Rinpoché, Director
- Canadian Shorts program, “My Least Favourite Person,” Drama, Vancouver premiere, Canada/China: Lantian Chen, Director
- Canadian Shorts program, “Cantonese: Passing,” Documentary, Canada: Elizabeth Cheong, Lisa Lee, Directors
- Canadian Shorts program, “Taste of Identity,” Documentary, World premiere, Canada: Derek Kwan, Director
- Canadian Shorts program, “Glass Eyes,” Drama, Canada: Jonathan Chan, Director
BCSA 2015 Adjudication Panel (alphabetical by last name):
- Jeff Chiba Stearns, Co-Founder, Hapa-palooza Festival
- Selwyn Jacob, Producer, National Film Board: Pacific and Yukon Centre
- Kristyn Stilling, Festival Director, Vancouver Short Film Festival
Learn more about our Judges here.
Specials thanks to our generous supporter:
Filmmaker Luncheon Sponsors
What is VAFF 2015 People’s Choice Award ?