VAFF Festival Pass
FESTIVAL PASS HOLDERS
You will receive full access to special events including all Celebration Party Events, as well as admission to Opening Night Film, Canadian Spotlight Film, Centrepiece Spotlight Film, Closing Night Film, all Regular screenings, all VAFF Industry Panels and VAFF Industry Party. (excluded Fireside Chat with Tan Dun panel) Membership fee included. Only 200 festival passes are available to the public!
Receive the VAFF VIP treatment with complimentary priority access to all film screenings, all special events, VIP swag bag, and receive exclusive discount with specific venue partners at the festival. Mingle with filmmakers, actors, and other industry guests.
$100 | Before Festival (Oct 5 – Nov 6 – 11:59pm PST)
$150 | During Festival (Nov 7 – Nov 10)
HOW TO BUY FESTIVAL PASS:
Box Office: The VAFF Box Office (cash and credit card sales) will be available in the lobby of Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas, 88 W. Pender St., Vancouver, during festival dates November 7-10, 2019 inclusive, at the following times:
Thu, Nov 7 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fri, Nov 8 | 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sat, Nov 9 | 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sun, Nov 10| 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
There are NO REFUNDS available for pass(es) purchases.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT: As many of the films have not been previously classed by Consumer Protection BC, under BC law, only members of the Vancouver Asian Film Festival Society (VAFF) can attend the Film Festival and members must be 18 years or older. The membership is non-transferable and the fee must be paid before admittance to any program. Please carry the membership card with you at all times during the festival. Membership cards must be shown along with program tickets to enter any screening.
To obtain an annual VAFF Membership for $2, purchase your membership online with your tickets or complete a VAFF membership form at the VAFF Membership table in the front lobby of the Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas between November 7-10. Once you have paid your $2 membership fee, you will be provided a membership card that will be valid until August 1, 2020. Learn More
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES & LOST ALL ACCESS PASSES
No refunds or exchanges on ALL ACCESS Passes. Lost Passes will be charged $30 for replacement and original Passes will be cancelled.
FESTIVAL PASSES / SPECIAL GUESTS
All Access Festival Passholder MUST present their pass at the lineup and MUST arrive 30 minutes before the start of the program. 15 minutes prior to the start of the program, reserved seats will be released and Passholders will be placed in the rush ticket line along with other regular audience members in the order of each person’s arrival. Please give yourself ample time to park. Possession of a pass does not guarantee seating.
CELEBRATION PARTY EVENTS:
OPENING NIGHT FILM + GALA Thursday November 7
- OPENING NIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- GALA from 9:30 pm to Midnight at D6 at Parq Vancouver,
39 Smithe St, Vancouver BC.
- Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres + special cocktail and Cash bar
Kick off the 2019 Vancouver Asian Film Festival with our opening gala. Meet filmmakers and local film industry guests. Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND – ID MAY BE REQUESTED.
VAFF INDUSTRY DAY PASS Saturday November 9 + VAFF INDUSTRY PARTY, Friday November 8
- VAFF INDUSTRY DAY PASS (THREE PANELS) Saturday November 9 from 11:00 am
- INDUSTRY PARTY from 9:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Venue: Annex Theatre, 823 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC
- Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres and Cash bar.
CENTERPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM + AFTER PARTY, Saturday November 9
- CENTREPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7:30 pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- AFTER PARTY from 10:00 pm until midnight
- Venue: The Blackbird Public House, 2nd Floor, 905 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, BC
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party – ID MAY BE REQUESTED.
CLOSING NIGHT FILM + AWARDS CEREMONY & AFTER PARTY, Sunday November 10
- CLOSING NIGHT FILM SCREENING + AWARDS CEREMONY at 7:30pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- CLOSING NIGHT AFTER PARTY from 9:30 pm until midnight
- Venue: The Butcher & Bullock, 911 W Pender St., Vancouver BC
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. Wrap up this year’s VAFF and unwind with filmmakers, industry and VAFF volunteers. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party – ID MAY BE REQUESTED
- The International Village Mall provides free underground parking for 2 hours if you are attending a screening. Keep ticket stubs for proof. The underground parking lot closes at midnight daily but for after-hours access, go to the Abbott Street underground parking entrance/exit (by the Goldies and 7-Eleven) and buzz Mall Security through the Intercom beside the gates.
- If you intend to be at the venue/in the area all day, daily rates and evening parking with 24/7 access is available: EasyPark Lot 7, 140 Keefer Street (between Columbia and Main), please click here for more details.