Tickets and Passes
VAFF 2019 PROGRAM SERIES
This year, VAFF’s screening programs will be organized into various Series in order to better highlight the diverse content in our festival. These Series include Spotlight Series (primetime screenings), Documentary Features Series, Narrative Features Series, Shorts Series, Panel Series and Special Presentation.
SINGLE TICKET PRICES:
Spotlight Films Series Prices*:
$20 | Opening Night Film
$17 | Canadian Spotlight, Centrepiece Spotlight, Closing Film Screenings
$15 | Documentary Features, Narrative Features, Shorts Programs
$10 | STUDENT RATE (MUST Present School ID) & SENIOR RATE (applicable to All Screening and Panel Series only)
* MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT: As many of the films have not been previously classed by Consumer Protection BC, under BC law, only members of the Vancouver Asian Film Festival Society (VAFF) can attend the Film Festival and members must be 18 years or older. Learn more
VAFF Industry Series:
$15 | Single panel
$45 | All (3) panels + VAFF Industry Party
$10 | VAFF Industry Party (limited tickets for sale)
$15 | 100 Stories Showdown
$25 | Fireside Chat with Tan Dun
$75 | OPENING NIGHT FILM + GALA TICKET, Thursday November 7
- OPENING NIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- GALA from 9:30 pm to Midnight at D6 at Parq Vancouver,
39 Smithe St, Vancouver BC.
- Limited tickets for sale | Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres + special cocktail and Cash bar
Kick off the 2019 Vancouver Asian Film Festival with our opening gala. Meet filmmakers and local film industry guests. Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND – ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy now!
- included single-use membership
$45 | VAFF INDUSTRY DAY PASS Saturday November 9 + VAFF INDUSTRY PARTY, Friday November 8
- VAFF INDUSTRY DAY PASS (THREE PANELS) Saturday November 9 from 11:00 am – 6:00pm
- Venue: International Art Gallery – International Village Mall, 2/F International Village Mall, 88 W. Pender Street, Vancouver
- INDUSTRY PARTY Friday November 8 from 9:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Venue: Annex Theatre, 823 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC
- Complimentary hors-d’oeuvres and Cash bar. Buy Now!
$30 | CENTERPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM + AFTER PARTY TICKET, Saturday November 9
- CENTREPIECE SPOTLIGHT FILM SCREENING at 7:30 pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- AFTER PARTY from 10:00 pm until 1am
- Venue: The Blackbird Public House, 2nd Floor, 905 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, BC
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party – ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy Now!
- included single-use membership
$30 | CLOSING NIGHT FILM + AWARDS CEREMONY & AFTER PARTY TICKET, Sunday November 10
- CLOSING NIGHT FILM SCREENING + AWARDS CEREMONY at 7:30pm at Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- CLOSING NIGHT AFTER PARTY from 9:30 pm until midnight
- Venue: The Butcher & Bullock, 911 W Pender St., Vancouver BC
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvre and Cash bar. Wrap up this year’s VAFF and unwind with filmmakers, industry and VAFF volunteers. MUST BE 19 TO ATTEND the Party– ID MAY BE REQUESTED. Buy Now!
- included single-use membership
VAFF is pleased to offer the following Ticket Bundles (available while tickets last for individual films).
- DOCUMENTARY SERIES BUNDLE: Buy any 4 programs from our Documentary Series for $50! Buy Now
- SHORTS SERIES BUNDLE: Buy three of the International Shorts, BC Shorts and Canadian Shorts programs together for $35! Buy Now
- VAFF x VSO UPPER BALCONY BUNDLE: Buy one Festival pass and 1 ticket of the Tan Dun: Crouching Tiger & Beyond concert for $139! Buy Now
- VAFF x VSO LOWER BALCONY BUNDLE: Buy one Festival pass and 1 ticket of the Tan Dun: Crouching Tiger & Beyond concert for $193! Buy Now
- VAFF x VSO FRONT ORCHESTRA BUNDLE: Buy one Festival pass and 1 ticket of the Tan Dun: Crouching Tiger & Beyond concert for $$215.50! Buy Now
FESTIVAL PASS HOLDERS receive full access to special industry events including benefits included in all Celebration Packages above, as well as admission to Opening Night Film, Canadian Spotlight Film, Centrepiece Spotlight Film, Closing Night Film, all Regular screenings, all VAFF Industry Insight Panels and all Special Events. Membership fee included. Only 200 Festival passes are available to the public!
Receive the VAFF SPECIAL treatment with complimentary priority access to all film screenings, all special events, swag bag, and receive exclusive discount with specific venue partners at the festival. Mingle with filmmakers, actors, and other industry guests.
$100 | Before Festival (Oct 5 – Nov 6 – 11:59pm PST) Buy Now!
$150 | During Festival (Nov 7 – Nov 10)
The group rates are only available prior to the festival from Oct 3 to Oct 31, 2019. Please email email@example.com to inquire group rate details.
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Online ticket sales end on the day of the event: SOLD OUT online 10:00am daily
Box Office: The VAFF Box Office (cash and credit card sales) will be available in the lobby of Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas, 88 W. Pender St., Vancouver, during festival dates November7-10, 2019 inclusive, at the following times:
Thu, Nov 7 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fri, Nov 8 | 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sat, Nov 9 | 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sun, Nov 10| 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
There are NO REFUNDS available for ticket purchases.
Fees: The surcharge fee charged by ticketing system.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT: As many of the films have not been previously classed by Consumer Protection BC, under BC law, only members of the Vancouver Asian Film Festival Society (VAFF) can attend the Film Festival and members must be 18 years or older. The membership is non-transferable and the fee must be paid before admittance to any program. Please carry the membership card with you at all times during the festival. Membership cards must be shown along with program tickets to enter any screening.
To obtain an annual VAFF Membership for $2, purchase your membership online with your tickets or complete a VAFF membership form at the VAFF Membership table in the front lobby of the Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas between November 7-10. Once you have paid your $2 membership fee, you will be provided a membership card that will be valid until August 1, 2020. Learn More
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES & LOST FESTIVAL PASSES
No refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets, group tickets, and special event tickets except in the case of program cancellation. Please keep your ticket stub. No refunds or exchanges on Festival Passes. Lost Festival Passes will be charged $30 for replacement and original Festival Passes will be cancelled.
INDUSTRY / MEDIA PASSES / SPECIAL GUESTS
All Industry, Media, All Access Festival Passholder MUST present their pass at the lineup and MUST arrive 30 minutes before the start of the program. 15 minutes prior to the start of the program, reserved seats will be released and Passholders will be placed in the rush ticket line along with other regular audience members in the order of each person’s arrival. Please give yourself ample time to park. Possession of a pass does not guarantee seating.
RUSH TICKETS FOR SOLD OUT SCREENINGS
In the event of a sold out program, a limited number of rush tickets may become available immediately before the show. A separate line for each sold out program will be formed outside the venue box office approximately one hour before show time. As tickets become available, they will be sold to individuals in line order while supplies last.
- The International Village Mall provides free underground parking for 2 hours if you are attending a screening. Keep ticket stubs for proof. The underground parking lot closes at midnight daily but for after-hours access, go to the Abbott Street underground parking entrance/exit (by the Goldies and 7-Eleven) and buzz Mall Security through the Intercom beside the gates.
- If you intend to be at the venue/in the area all day, daily rates and evening parking with 24/7 access is available: EasyPark Lot 7, 140 Keefer Street (between Columbia and Main), please click here for more details.